Grammy and Finny!
Mary’s Mom’s 10 Mother’s Day Favorite Gifts
When Mary asked me to be a guest blogger for Mother’s Day gift suggestions, I thought it would be so simple. I would say that our children are our best gift. I would also say that Moms like pictures, calendars with pictures, and mugs with pictures and sayings. Mary had a different idea.
Here are my Top Ten Mother’s Day Gift Suggestions.
1. Arbonne Products- Your Mom wants to continue to stay young looking, so Arbonne can help her with that. I have been using Arbonne since 2005, and my skin looks great. I am a consultant.
2. Barnes & Noble- Ina Garten's Cooking for Jeffrey. She is my favorite chef, and you can always depend on the thoroughness and success of her recipe.
3. Gap Fit- If your Mom likes to exercise, this rolled sleeve breathe tee shirt is the best. I bought it in a number of colors, but black is my favorite.
from Christmas Eve/Gary's bday^^
Uncle Gery, me, Anna/Finn, Ash and Mom
4. J. Jill: The Essential LinenShirt- I love these shirts. I have a variety of colors. They are comfortable, classic, and if you hate to iron, you can wash and wear because it is supposed to wrinkle. It takes a little courage to wear them wrinkled, but I like to live life on the wild side.
5. Kate Spade: I love Kate Spade anything. Miromar Outlet in Estero, FL is a great outlet. Their prices are amazing, and if they have an outlet line, one would not know. This is a ridiculous price, but it is stunning. Mary said I could dream a little on this blog.
^^ all the girls in Lilly!
6. Lilly Pulitzer: I love anything Lilly. We found a Lilly store at Coconut Point Mall also in Estero, FL; the best part of this store is that they have sales during off season.
7. Nordstrom: I love this store. They have great customer service and wonderful sales. I bought a pair of FlyLondon shoes on sale there last fall. I had never heard of the brand, but they are sooooo cute and comfortable.
8. Talbots is another favorite for me. I never bought much from them because they were a little too classic (boring) to me, but they have updated their styles. I bought a variety of ankle strap low wedge shoes last year, and this year I bought ankle strapswith a small heel. They have great sales especially if you have their credit card. I recently discovered their boyfriend 5 pocket jeans. They don’t look like Mom jeans, and best part about these jeans is you can buy them one size down. LOL
9. Von Maur is also another favorite of mine. Mary introduced me to them. They have credit cards with no interest, and they will gift wrap for free. They have an amazing collection ofAlex and Ani bracelets, and they have a special Mother’s Day set.
10. Moms really love to open presents/surprises, but if none of these speak to you, think gift certificates. Think about her hobbies, where she likes to shop, and how she likes to be pampered. Moms would rather spend their money on you than vice versa. LOL, but they still like gifts. It is a conundrum.
Remember you are her best gift. If you live close you could cook for her, or you could offer to clean her house. LOL. I for one hate to clean. Enjoy your Mom.
Mary again: thank you so much, mom, for writing this post! I am so excited to have a mom perspective on Mother's Day!!!
I love you, mom!